There is something special in the combination of cured pork and Zucchini pasta. Once take it, you will never forget it! Parmesan cheese in the pasta enhance its greatly special flavor. Enjoy it in the hot summer day couldn’t be a better choice. If you don’t have zucchini in your hand, any other summer squashes also works. Summer is coming! Hurry up to learn this recipe and make it for your whole family. (Don’t forget to check Pasta With Green Beans and Gnocchi Con Salsa al Pomodoro)
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups minced squash
- 1/2 cup sliced basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion, cut-up
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup minced Parmesan cheese
- Prepare a pot with water and appropriate amount of salt. Bring it to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in the skillet over medium-high. Then cook vegetables in batches. First, lay prosciutto slices in the skillet. Fry each side for 30 seconds until slightly browned.
- Prepare a paper towel-lined plate. Then transfer the prosciutto slices to the plate to drain. Keep the oil in the skillet for later use. Cool the prosciutto slices, then rip them into pieces.
- When the water is boiling, put pasta in the pot. Then you should wait for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. During this time, you may cook the vegetables in the skillet.
- Add the garlic, onions and summer squash to the skillet in which the used oil remains. Cook the vegetables over medium-high heat and stir them frequently.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss them gently. Remove the skillet from heat when the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Stir the eggs, lemon zest and minced Parmesan in a bowl.
- Drain the well-cooked pasta. Remember to reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid. Place the pasta in the skillet with vegetables. Then add the eggs mixture on the top of the pasta. Whisk them quickly. Don’t worry. The eggs will be cooked by the heat of the pasta.
- If you think the pasta is dry, you can pour the reserved liquid in it. At last, sprinkle with basil leaves and prosciutto pieces.
Check out the more amazing Pasta Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.