These cookies are the perfect mixture of sweet and salty. They are a simple shortbread cookie made even better by adding chopped pecans and crushed potato chip cookies. It combines two all time favorites, chips & cookies to create one magnificent treat. Once you taste these little beauties, you will not be able to stop with just one. I am providing the basic recipe, but you can include butterscotch or chocolate chips to add variety. (Don’t forget to try Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies)
- Prep time: 20 min.
- Cook time: 12 min.
- Ready in: 32 min.
- Yields: Several Servings.
- 1 cup shortening.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 2 large eggs, beaten.
- 2 cups flour, plain.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 2 cups plain potato chips, crushed.
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and the brown and white sugar together.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together into the sugar & shortening mixture
- Add the crushed up chips, pecans, and the vanilla. (I put chips in a large ziploc bag, seal it, and crush away).
- Drop the mixture by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 325 degrees. Yummy!
Check out the 20+ Desserts Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.