This is an absolutely wonderful White Sauce with Clam recipe. And you can make changes as you like. There are clams in it and you can taste the excellent flavor. And the red pepper adds extra-taste in this dish. But if you find that is too hot when you have done it, adding some heavy cream and 1/2 cup shredded cheese will still keep the original flavor. (Don’t forget to try Linguine with Shrimp Recipe)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 minced cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cans clams
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 package linguine pasta
- Some chopped parsley
- Add extra-virgin olive oil in the skillet and cook it over medium high. Meanwhile, cut the red pepper into flakes.
- Then add the flakes and the chopped onion in the skillet, sautéing constantly.
- When the onion gets tender, put the cloves garlic and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next you need to pour the clam juice into the mixture. Simmer it for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the half-and-half cream into the mixture little by little.
- Continue to simmer it for about 20 minutes. Don’t bring it to a boil.
- You can prepare the linguine and bread in this break.
- Add some salt into a pan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place linguine pasta into the slightly unsalted water and heat on low for about 10 minutes.
- Add the minced clams into the sauce and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then remove them from the skillet.
- Serve it over linguine pasta. Sprinkle the pasta with some parsley.
Check out the 20+ Sea Food Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.