If you love to cook home made food and also love to entertain then I suspect you’ll have all the ingredients to make this delicious Strawberry cheesecake. I’ve never made cheesecake before (and to be honest I’m not that great a cook) but it actually came out pretty good and there weren’t any leftovers.
The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to use strawberries, you can use any fruit you want. For example you could have raspberries, blackberries, orange, apple etc. The list is endless and you can easily top it with anything that you or your guests fancy. (Don’t forget to try Low-calorie Brownie Recipe)
Prep time: 20 min.
Cook time: 2 hours.
Ready in: 2 hours 20 min.
Yields: Serves 6 people.
- 100g/4oz semi-sweet wheatmeal biscuit (cookies), crushed.
- 50g/2oz/1/4 cup low-fat soft, melted.
- 225g/8oz/1 cup very low-fat soft cheese.
- 250ml/8fl oz/1 cup very low-fat creme fraiche.
- 45ml/3 tbsp reduced-sugar strawberry jam (conserve).
- 15ml/1 tbsp powdered gelatine.
- 45ml/3 tbsp water.
- Artificial sweetener.
- 100g/4 oz fresh strawberries.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the low-fat spread and press into the base of a 20 cm/8 in flan tin (a pie tin will also do). Chill for approx 2 hours until firm.
- Beat the cheese with the creme fraiche and the jam.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and leave to soften for a few minutes.
- Stand the bowl in a pan of hot water and stir until dissolved, or heat in the microwave.
- Stir into the cheese mixture and sweeten to taste, if necessary.
- Turn into the flan dish and chill until firm.
- Decorate the top with strawberries and serve.
To make the cheesecake all I needed was the following:
- Mixing bowl.
- Flan tin.
- Fruit knife.
I hope you will love this recipe. Please share your feedback in the comments. Find out 40+ Low-calorie Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.