I can’t help telling you that it’s a quite easy soft lime pie recipe as you even don’t need to bake. If the kids want to do some cooking, it must be the safest and healthiest recipe ever. Imagine having a cool lime pie in a summer afternoon, wouldn’t it make you feel that you are in the seaside? (Don’t forget to check Mother’s Day Cake)
- 170 g cracker crumb crust
- 4 cups whipped topping, in a room temperature
- 1/4 tsp yellow food color
- 1/4 tsp green food color
- 8 tbsp sweet concentrated milk
- 1 tsp lime peel, cut up
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 lime juice
- 2 slices of lime, cut into quarters
- Pour lime juice in a 1-quart saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin in it. Wait for 1 minute to soften the gelatin.
- Heat the mixture for 2 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally. Stop heating until gelatin dissolved.
- Cool it slightly. Add in lime peel and stir for 1 minute.
- Mix yellow food color, green food color and sweetened concentrated milk in a medium bowl. Add in lime juice mixture and stir for another 1 minute.
- Add in 3 cups whipped topping with rubber spatula. Spread it on the top of the pie.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Garnish the pie with the lime slices and remaining 1 cup whipped topping before serving.
Check out the more amazing Desserts Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.