Have you guys ever tried Sauerkraut Soup? No? Then you should try it because it is the yummiest soup I have ever tried. The recipe of Sauerkraut Soup is below so you guys can easily make it at home. So don’t waste more time and make it for lunch or dinner today. (Don’t forget to try White Bean Soup with Rosemary)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1.5oz bacon
- 1oz butter
- 1 red sweet onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 9oz sauerkraut
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 25 oz vegetable stock
- 2 potatoes
- 7oz sour cream
- 10 oz chopped smoked meat or sausage
- Dice bacon and cook it down with butter in a large saucepan.
- Finely chop onion and garlic and cook until transparent, then add sweet paprika.
- Add sauerkraut and season to taste with salt and pepper, caraway seeds.
- Add veg. stock and bring to the boil.
- Prepare a paste with 2oz butter and 2oz flour and slowly add veg. stock.
- Mix the paste in with the soup and simmer for about 15 minutes on a medium heat.
- Peel and dice potatoes, add them to the soup and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Then add sour cream.
- If you wish, you can further spice up your soup with chopped smoked meat or sausage.
Check out the 20+ Salad & Soups Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.