Everybody loves chicken soup specially in Winter season. As winter is coming soon, I am going to share with you guys a very delicious Paleo Chicken soup full of healthy vegetables and chicken. The tomatoes marry well with the carrots in the best possible way, while garlic and celery add a depth of flavour to the whole dish. (Have you tried Grilled Chicken with Tomato Mixture?)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 2 large chicken breast, cut
- 15 oz. tomatoes, diced
- 32 oz. organic chicken broth
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalepenos, diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups carrots, cubed
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1-2 cups water
- Add olive oil and about ¼ cup chicken broth to a large saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic, onions, jalapeno and sauté for a couple of minutes adding more broth as needed. Once the vegetables become tender, season with sea salt and pepper.
- Then add the chicken, diced tomatoes, carrots, celery, chili powder, cumin, and enough water to fill to the top of the saucepan.
- Put the cover on and bring the soup to a simmer over low heat for about 2 hours. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, using a fork break it up into small pieces.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
Check out the 20+ Paleo Diet recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Paleo Pro” in the kitchen.