Here is the Paleo Cacao, Coconut and Date Balls recipe. A very tasty and healthy snack recipe, let alone the benefits of dates, chia seeds and coconut. The perfect treat for gourmands. So try it today! (Don’t forget to check Almond Macaroons)
Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus 1/3 cup extra for rolling
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place the Medjool dates in a small glass bowl. Pour in enough water to cover and let them sit for about an hour. Drain and remove pits.
- Transfer to a blender, followed by the shredded coconut, almond meal, coconut oil, chia seeds and cacao powder and pulse until the mixture is well blended.
- Scrape the sides down and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and roll them in the remaining coconut until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Check out the 20+ Paleo Diet recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Paleo Pro” in the kitchen.