Today I am going to share with you guys a simple, quick and tasty recipe that offers protein-rich ingredients. It can be served alone as a healthy breakfast or as a side dish. This Omelette with Asparagus Paleo recipe is best for breakfast. (Don’t forget to try Grilled Salmon and Zucchini)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 organic eggs
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper and sea salt
- Place the cumin seeds (if using), coriander seeds, black pepper and sea salt in a coffee grinder and pulse until finely ground. Set aside.
- Place the asparagus in a pot of boiling water. Slightly blanch for 3 minutes, drain and rinse in the cold water. Then cut them in half.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and add onions and garlic to it. Fry for 3-4 minutes until brown and translucent.
- Add the asparagus, tomato, and red pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs; add chopped parsley and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Once the bottom of the omelette is cooked, sprinkle with the fresh spice mix, and cook for another minute.
- Then flip the omelette over to cook the other side, for about 3-5 minutes, until golden.
Check out the 40+ Paleo Diet recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Paleo Pro” in the kitchen.