Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but many people don’t give it the attention it deserves. Following a paleo diet means ditching your usual toast or cereal. This leaves many people at a loss, but you can have a better breakfast than you usually do. An absolutely delicious pancake recipe perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert. Combine the flours, eggs, almond milk and honey in a bowl and give it a try to see just how delicious these are.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the pancakes:
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk plus 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan
- Add the raspberries, honey and lemon juice to a medium saucepan and set over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to bubble, slow down the heat to low and let it simmer until the mixture resembles raspberry jam.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, honey almond milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the coconut and tapioca flours, baking powder and baking soda and season with a pinch of salt. Mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Coat a frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Ladle some batter into the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle the top of the pancake with the prepared raspberry jam, cook for another 1-2 minutes and flip over.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Check out the 40+ Paleo Diet recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Paleo Pro” in the kitchen.