Today I am going to share my favorite paleo recipe which is Chicken with Garlic, Basil and Parsley. Baked chicken breasts seasoned with dried parsley, basil, garlic and red pepper is a must-try dish for poultry lovers. Great to serve with fresh green salad or cooked vegetables. (Have you tried Grilled Chicken with Tomato Mixture?)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp dried parsley, divided
- 1 tbsp dried basil, divided
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes,crushed
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small cup mix together 1 teaspoon of dried basil and 1 teaspoon of parsley and evenly coat the baking dish with mixed spices.
- Place the chicken breast halves in the prepared dish, and sprinkle with sliced garlic. Combine the remaining 2 teaspoons basil, remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, red pepper and salt in a small cup and sprinkle over the chicken halves. Arrange tomato slices on the top, cover with a kitchen foil and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, then remove the cover, and let cook for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
Check out the 40+ Paleo Diet recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Paleo Pro” in the kitchen.