Muesli with fruit and low fat milk is probably one of the easiest options to go for if you are in a hurry. Just make sure you buy a healthy non sugary version. However making your own may be even better.
A Swiss Bircher Muesli Recipe is one of the best ones I can think of. It just needs to be prepared the night before, and you have a healthy and delicious breakfast.
You can mix and match, I don’t always add all the ingredients (or sometimes I add different types of berries such as raspberry and strawberry) but here’s a standard Swiss Bircher Muesli recipe adapted from “Taste recipes”. (Have you ever tried Nutritional Breakfast Biscuits)
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 apple.
- 1 cup rolled oats.
- 1/2 cup apple juice (125ml).
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt (130g) + another 1/2 cup to serve.
- Large pinch ground cinnamon.
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds.
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30g).
- 2 tbs pumpkin seeds.
- A few blueberries to serve.
- Remove core and grate the apple. Mix well with oats, yogurt, cinnamon and apple juice. Cover bowl and place in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine nuts and pumpkin seeds in a small bowl.
- If the muesli has been soaking overnight add a bit of extra yogurt (roughly 1/2 cup), and add half of the nut mixture. Stir well.
- Top with the remaining nut mix and add blueberries. Serve & Enjoy
- If the muesli has only soaked for an hour, only a little bit of yogurt is needed.
Check out the more Breakfast Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.