I am going to share with you guys Barley with Mushrooms recipes. I tried it yesterday my whole family loves it. So I decided to post it on my blog so everyone can enjoy it. Please share your feedback in the comments after trying it. (Don’t forget to check Grilled Polish Kielbasa with Tomato)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1.4 oz. dried mushrooms
- 17 oz. water
- 10 oz. barley
- 1.4 oz of butter
- 17 oz. meat stock
- pinch if salt
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1.4 oz. melted butter
- 4 oz. water
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- Wash mushrooms and soak them, covered in 17 oz. of water for 20 min.
- Brown barley in butter and pour on meat stock and salt to taste.
- Add the mushrooms with the water used for soaking.
- Stew covered for 50 min. on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Peel onions and garlic and chop finely and cook in melted butter until transparent.
- Add barley along with 4 oz. of water, caraway seeds, and marjoram.
- Put mixture into a greased baking dish coated with breadcrumbs and bake for 15 min. at 400 in a pre-heated oven.
- Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy.
Check out the more amazing Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.