In my quest to conquer my 2020 dessert bucket list I finally bought an ice cream maker and was ready to make homemade ice cream. I racked my brain trying to come up with a cool ice cream flavor when it hit me. I’ll make banana pudding ice cream! Genius and super Southern, right? Don’t be nervous about making this ice cream because it’s not difficult at all. (Don’t forget to try Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies)
One bucket list dessert down, 12 more to go!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 butter cookies (crumbled)
- Slice and peel the bananas then mash well in a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream and the sugar to the mashed bananas and stir until combined.
- Place the banana mixture in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill.
- Once the banana mixture has been in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours prepare the ice cream per the ice cream makers instructions.
- Once the ice cream has been churned in your ice cream maker, remove the ice cream and place into a container for freezing. Before placing the ice cream in the freezer, gently mix in the crumbled butter cookies.
- Freeze overnight.
Check out the 20+ Desserts Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.