Today I am going to sharing new chicken or pork recipe on my blog. It is a Baked Chicken with Sauerkraut and Potatoes. You can also make this recipe with Pork, it all depends on your choice. Just follow the steps carefully as mentioned below to get the perfect dish as I made. (Try my favorite recipe Pork or Chicken Schnitzel)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 1/2 of whole chicken
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1lb of sauerkraut
- 3 potatoes of choice
- 1 polish kielbasa
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- Pinch of thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- Cut chicken into 1/4 pieces.
- Salt, pepper, and thyme to taste.
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4″ slices and do the same with the kielbasa.
- Place bacon on bottom of large glass cooking dish.
- Place sauerkraut and juice on top of bacon.
- Mix kielbasa and potatoes into the sauerkraut.
- Place 1/4 pieces of chicken evenly on top of the sauerkraut mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake on 350 for 35-40 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Check every 15 min and add water if needed during baking.
- 10 minutes before chicken is done take out of oven add 1/4 cup of whipping cream, garlic and place small slices of butter on each piece of chicken.
- Place back in oven and cook until crispy.(do not cover)
SIDE_DISH: Bohemian dumplings, slice bread.
Check out the more amazing Recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Pro Chef” in the kitchen.